ABOUT FLOATATION THERAPY
What is Floating?
Inside the float tank or float pool, eight hundred pounds of pharmaceutical-grade Epsom salt is dissolved in ten inches of water warmed to skin temperature. Like the Dead Sea, this extremely dense solution enables people of all body types to float effortlessly.
The float tank is dark and quiet, greatly reducing sensory stimulation. This unique environment frees the brain from the bulk of its processing duties and prompts the production of theta waves.
The nearly universal response to floating is one of profound relaxation and a sense of well-being, even joy.
The float tank offers a safe haven in which to escape from the buzz of everyday life, focus on healing and explore different states of consciousness. Floating has many applications:
- pain management, including back and neck aches, migraines, muscle and joint soreness
- stress management, recovery from addiction, and PTSD
- athletic recovery and performance visualization
- relief from discomforts of pregnancy
- help with sleep disorders
- spiritual discovery and meditation
- enhanced creativity and super-learning.